Readding missing unmenu packages and basic linux advice.

Hi there! I've been trying out unRAID, and I like it. I have a couple of questions however. I know just enough linux commands to be dangerous, but not enough to fix my mistakes :)

1) I installed MySQL through unmenu then decided I wouldn't use it on my N40L. I couldn't find instructions for removing it, so I stopped it and rm'd the packages in the /unmenu/ folder. This worked great, however the option to reinstall through unmenu is now gone. I cant see any reference to MySQL so I guess I must have deleted too much. Any way to get it back?

2) When using telnet to cp files, the owner and group are always set to root (as I am logged in as root). Anyway to switch user to something less potentially destructive?  :-X

3) I'm experiencing incredibly slow performance, even with parity off. It takes about 2m 20s to transfer 1GB. Which if my math is correct is about 7.6MB/s. Anyone with an N40L that can chime in on roughly what speeds to expect? I'm going to test the cable later as I think its to do with that.

1) Click on "Check for unMenu Updates" under User Scripts.

2) Not using 4.7. On 5.0, enter "su - nobody --shell=usr/bin/bash" after logging in as root to preserve correct permissions.

3) It sounds like there is a 100Mbps link in the path.

Thanks for the reply

1) I'll give that a go

2) I've been fixing it with "New Permissions" which works great, but being logged in as root worries me a bit. I'll give that a go

3) Yep, the long cable i've used seems to only support 100Mbps as I just varified with ethtool eth0. Another wonderful function I've just discovered!

Archived