.AppleDB's on cache drive causing user shares to always be orange?

I'm using AFP and I've noticed that my user shares always have orange balls ("share has pending cache") next to them.  When the mover finishes, if I look on the cache drive I see a top-level directory for each user share, and within that share directory, a .AppleDB directory that contains a few "__db.NNN" files that I'm guessing are used somehow by AFP.  I'm assuming this is why my shares are staying orange.

I know it's expected/intended that the mover ignore top-level dot files and directories, but shouldn't it be moving these .AppleDB's that appear within the share directories themselves?  For example, OSX also likes to create a bunch of .DS_Store files (though these are files, not directories) and I see that the mover *does* move those as expected.

It seems to me this will be an issue any time anyone is using AFP and user shares.  It's entirely possible this is expected behavior and there's some good rationale for it, just wanted to throw it out there.

.files are only ignored at the top level so they don't become a share. .files in a share are moved as they should be.

What is the problem?

The problem is that these dot files (directories actually) are not being moved from within the share as expected, they remain after the mover finishes.

The mover will not move open files. These files are kept open and thus never moved. Unmount the share and then run the mover. Or don't worry about it. The .AppleDB directory can be safely deleted so its loss is nothing to worry about.

Ah I see, they're in use by the cnid_dbd process.  Makes sense as to why they're not moved, just slightly annoying that all my shares are orange but I can live with it.  Thanks.