Slow Write Speeds? SuperMicro AOC-SASLP-MV8 & 5.0-rc6-r8168

I'm using 2 SASLP cards and have had speed issues with all the RC's i've tried. Parity checks at just 17MB/sec is pathetic.

Gone back to B14 and turned off any drive spindowns (which i hate) but it does make it reliable.

Parity checks on B14 are ~50MB/sec.

So system is capable of decent performance.

Mark

I myself heeded tyrindor's advice and went back to RC6. While of course I want the best performance I can get, the risk of data corruption is far, far worse than poor performance.

I'm curious, though--you said that you turned off drive spindowns. Has that been proven to be the downfall of B14? Drive spindowns = inevitable problems?

I'm using 2 SASLP cards and have had speed issues with all the RC's i've tried. Parity checks at just 17MB/sec is pathetic.

Gone back to B14 and turned off any drive spindowns (which i hate) but it does make it reliable.

Mark

I myself heeded tyrindor's advice and went back to RC6. While of course I want the best performance I can get, the risk of data corruption is far, far worse than poor performance.

I'm curious, though--you said that you turned off drive spindowns. Has that been proven to be the downfall of B14? Drive spindowns = inevitable problems?

I was getting problems with drives being redballed for no real reasons. Believe it might have been a timing issue of the the time to spin a drive up and unraid thinking a drive was not responding. Since leaving all drives spunup i've not had an issue.

I'm staying with what works until there is a proven release that works and does not have speed problems.

Mark

Mark

I have one SASLP on B14 and it runs great, even with spindowns.  I get 80+MB/sec parity checks (mix of 5400 and 7200rpm drives).

But won't touch any of the RC's until the SASLP issue is figured out.

Archived