Bug on Date & Time Feature?

Hi

I am currently testing out unRAID Server version 5.0-rc8a AiO. I have changed the timezone to (UTC+8:00) Kuala Lumpur, Singapore. After applying, the time changed. But it is 1 hour faster than the normal clock. As of writing this post, the correct time should be 16:12. But the time in unraid shows as 17:12.

Thanks

Kuala Lumpur TimeZone MYT (Malaysia)  Singapore is in the SGT (Singapore) TimeZone.  Though both of them are in the +8 UTC zone.  Also according to www.timeanddate.com there is no DST adjustment for the MYT timezone.

1.  Did you ensure the server was set to the correct local time prior to setting the timezone?

2.  Did you select the correct local time server?  That server should be asia.pool.ntp.org, not pool.ntp.org

3.  Since the Timezone is already set, correct the error manually by entering the correct time.  Then wait and see if it changes +1 hour.

Sideband Samurai

I'm in Arizona, which is relevant to this post for two reasons:

1. Arizona also does not adjust for Daylight Saving Time.

2. I saw the same thing when I configured unRAID - I set my time zone to Arizona (UTC-7) and then when I entered the current time it "reset" itself 1 hour forward immediately.  I was forced to enter a time of one hour earlier than the actual time to correct for this "Adjustment" made by the software.

I'm guessing that I'll have to do this little trick again but in reverse whenever everyone else changes the clocks again...

Does the software know that certain time zones do not adjust for DST?  Others adjust on different dates and/or times of day.