IBM ServeRAID M1015 flashed to SAS2008 - Can't create an array

Hi,

I have an IBM ServeRAID M1015 that I've flashed to an LSI SAS2008 (IR mode).

It currently has 2 SAS hard drives in it but when I try to create an array (1 or 0) it won't allow me to do so.

At the screen to create the array it only lists one drive. It will allow me to set the drive as part of the array but obviously I can't do much with just one.

If I have only one drive installed in the server it will show this in the list when creating the array regardless of which drive is installed but when I go back to two it still only shows one.

Can anyone help?

I just tried reflashing again just to make sure.

What I have noticed (and forgot to put in my original post) is after the card has been flashed. The server won't post properly. It goes along initialising the system and after its done the card it just stops. This is when using the latest files from LSI and the one before it, I've tried both the 2108 and 2118 (both it and ir), they all give the same result.

I've reflash again using the instruction and file from http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=12767.msg124393#msg124393 and now it boots normally but obviously only in IT mode, but I need IR mode (it's not being used for unraid but I know a lot of you guys have experience with this card hence me asking).

I'd really like to try the IR file from the version above but I don't know which it is (the poster didn't put it in his zip file).

It didn't work.

It's solved the booting issue but I still can't create a raid array.

If I go into the SAS topology it sees both drives but still only lists one when I try to create a RAID array.

Sorry don't know what to tell you.  I'm only using IT mode I've never actually installed IR mode.  I'm taking his word for it that IR mode works.  You might post in that thread and see if anyone has any ideas.  They may see it there because they are subscribed to the thread and not this one.