[SOLVED] Lots of errors in syslog, what did I do wrong?

First of all sorry for the double post, I had posted it in the RC forum but think general support is actually the right place to post this:

Hi all, my Unraid server was running nicely on 5Beta13 for the last year or so but yesterday I upgraded to a bigger server case and when everything started up as expected I decided that it might be a good time to upgrade to the latest Unraid RC.

However now it seems that something is wrong, at least my syslog looks weird:

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B32Y1ieA0V-1Qi1ueXkyWnlITjA

I have no idea what is wrong, the main page still shows that I am running 5beta13, even though I have overwritten bzimage and bzroot with the new rc8a files on my flash drive.

Yesterday when I restarted I got a similar syslog and it went through a parity check that was OK. Server seems to run (another parity check running right now because I rebooted again) but all those red lines worry me. Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

First off - your motherboard is with the initial factory BIOS. Just suggest to upgrade to the latest one, sett all features at "default" and then disable the unused stuff - serial and parallel ports, audio, IDE controller, floppy...

However the problems are with the moving to a bigger case and in the process corrupting or damaging the flash drive (perhaps it come loose..)

You will have to scan it and attempt to repair it in another computer.

However the problems are with the moving to a bigger case and in the process corrupting or damaging the flash drive (perhaps it come loose..)

So dev sdg refers to the flash drive then? When I look at all my drives I see sda, sdb, sdc etc next to them but it doesn't say anything next to the flash... makes sense though.

I moved the flash drive from an external usb port to an internal USB header, maybe that is what caused the problems? Anyways I will open the case tonight and take out the flash drive and attempt to repair it. What would be the best option to do this. I have a Mac and a laptop running Ubunto. On the mac I would just try to use the repair option in disk utility don't use the Ubunto laptop very often so I don't know how to go about that on Linux. Any hints are appreciated.

Thanks!

So I just took out the flash drive and when I plug it into my Mac it isn't properly recognized, it says that there is no partition on it and I can't see any files. Now if I want to redo the drive from my backup files is it enough to just format as fat32 and drag all the files on it or do I have to go through any special steps like when setting up the flash for the first time?

Looks like my flash drive is corrupted beyond recover. I can't erase, repartition etc from my Mac or from a Linux computer. Probably I will have to see if I can get my Unraid license transferred to a different drive.

UPDATE: It looks like when I copied the files from the flash drive for backup before that it didn't copy all the most important stuff. The folder config doesn't have any files in it! Grrrr! I might have an older backup but not sure if that is still up to date. Now I am off reading through the forums on how to start fresh and reuse the current hard drives without loosing my data. Any tips in the meantime are appreciated.