[SOLVED] - Raid card failure - Is all data lost?

Well it looks like the raid card for my system has passed on to another life.  If i swap in a different raid card and set all drives to pass-through, will unRaid still be able to use the data that is stored on them?  I also had unRaid configured to fill the disk half way before moving on to the next disk, so is it possible to put the drive into an external case and salvage some of the data? The thought of starting over is less than desirable :)

Drabert

Since it sounds like you were using the RAID controller in a non-RAID mode (where unRAID showed you each disk on the controller as a separate disk) you should be ok to just plug those disks into another simple controller (or a mother board port). 

Can you confirm this is how your controller was being used?

Regards,

Stephen

Yes it was in non-raid mode.  Could i take the drives (12 total) and put them into a new case and still have it rebuild the array correctly? is there any danger in trying this? :) I have a new case i was going to swap into during the next couple of weeks so if this works, i will save myself the time of formatting and transfering data to the new hardware.

Drabert