New build with v5.0-rc8a, using old unused flash drive v4.5.6

I am building a new 2nd unRAID box, utilizing my 2nd unused flashdrive (that I purchased from long ago from Tom, that currently has v4.5.6 on it). I would like to merely update the flashdrive with files from v5.0-rc8a prior to the initial boot. Can I do that without booting it with v4.5.6, then upgrading to 4.7, then up to v5? If so, do I merely need to copy bzimage and bzroot from the v5.0-rc8a zip and place them over the top of the files on the v4.5.6 drive?

Is there anything else that I'm missing?

Thanks

That sounds good, but is doing this as simple as copying the "Pro2.key" file from the backed up older version into the updated flashdrive's "config" folder (since it is the same flashdrive that I originally received from Limetech)?

I'm not sure what you mean by "follow the instructions for creating a new key". I looked at the Limetech instructions re the registration keys, but they weren't too clear.

Thanks again.

That sounds good, but is doing this as simple as copying the "Pro2.key" file from the backed up older version into the updated flashdrive's "config" folder (since it is the same flashdrive that I originally received from Limetech)?

Yes.

I'm not sure what you mean by "follow the instructions for creating a new key flash". I looked at the Limetech instructions re the registration keys, but they weren't too clear.

"key" meant "flash"

Thanks again.

It's been said before, but I'll say it again. The people answering questions on this forum are awesome! Although UnRAID is a great product, it is difficult to imagine that it would be as successful as it is without this forum. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Archived