Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8 not seeing the drives except 1

UPDATE:

So I got an Supermicro AOC-USAS2-L8i which handles "Automatically negotiates PCI-E (1.x and 2.x) link widths", I have it up and running now.

Initially I was concerned with the "fit" of the slot since it seems awkward and it attaches weird to the case -- not the best fit. With 2 x 8087 forward breakout cables, it was recognized on bootup.

I am now doing a rebuild.

Can anyone explain the UIO card design that this card apparently is?

Yes, my experience is that the USAS2-L8i works very well.

UIO ... do not try to attach the rear faceplate in a standard case, you will put a lot of mechanical strain on the card.  UIO is a Supermicro proprietary design which is, basically, a PCIe card which is mirror image.  In other words, the components are on the opposite side of the pcb, compared with a standard PCIe card.  However, in a tower configuration it places the heat-generating components on the upper surface of the card, which makes a lot of sense to me.

Thanks for explanation.

Yes it was difficult to attach properly and make sure the pins were far enough into the board.

It has to be attached in a tower server since it would be sitting sideways and more likely to disconnect and fall out.

Good news for all this, I'm geting 50+ MB/s min up to 95 MB/s speeds for parity checking.

And that means less than 10 hours compared to 40-60 hours I got with the PCI-X card in a PCIe slot.

Archived