Backup failures using Macrium Reflect

Hello All.  I'm having an intermittent problem with backups failing to run.  Most often on the cycles that have the full backup of the disk.  Here are the particulars:

UnRaid:

Pro V4.5.6.

unMenu V1.5r246

11 disk, 11.25TB array, 5.13TB free

5 disks with >.5TB free

Macrium:

Reflect V5.1b5603

2 week cycle - Full backup Sunday, Incremental backup all other days

Full backup image size averages 36GB

Failure log

Image ID - 00CDD4CB1F2CED70 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Imaging Summary 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Backup Definition File: C:\Users\Randy\Documents\Reflect\C Full Image.xml 
Backup Type: Full 
Destination: \\TOWER\Backups\McPVR System Drive\00CDD4CB1F2CED70-00-00.mrimg 
Auto Verify: N 
Maximum File Size: Automatic 
Compression: Medium 
Password: N 
Intelligent Copy: Y 
Power Saving: N 
Total Selected: 37.15 GB 

Disk Space Management 
Remove images: Keep a maximum of 2 full images  
  Linked incremental and differential images will also be deleted 
Delete File: \\TOWER\Backups\McPVR System Drive\C55D65A12FE20EE1-00-00.mrimg 
Delete File: \\TOWER\Backups\McPVR System Drive\C55D65A12FE20EE1-01-01.mrimg 
Delete File: \\TOWER\Backups\McPVR System Drive\C55D65A12FE20EE1-02-02.mrimg 
Delete File: \\TOWER\Backups\McPVR System Drive\C55D65A12FE20EE1-03-03.mrimg 
Delete File: \\TOWER\Backups\McPVR System Drive\C55D65A12FE20EE1-04-04.mrimg 
Delete File: \\TOWER\Backups\McPVR System Drive\C55D65A12FE20EE1-05-05.mrimg 
Delete File: \\TOWER\Backups\McPVR System Drive\C55D65A12FE20EE1-06-06.mrimg 

Operation 1 of 2 
Hard Disk: 1 
Drive Letter: N/A 
File System: NTFS 
Label: System Reserved 
Size: 100.0 MB 
Free: 75.8 MB 
Used: 24.2 MB 

Operation 2 of 2 
Hard Disk: 1 
Drive Letter: C 
File System: NTFS 
Label: McPVR 
Size: 59.52 GB 
Free: 22.40 GB 
Used: 37.12 GB 

Starting Image - Sunday, February 03, 2013 04:01:08 
Initializing 
Analyzing file system on volume  
Analyzing file system on volume C: 

Saving Partition - System Reserved 
Reading File System Bitmap 
Saving Partition 

Saving Partition - McPVR (C:) 
Creating Volume Snapshot - Please Wait 
Reading File System Bitmap 
Saving Partition 

Email Notifications 
Recipients:  [email protected] 
Email notification sent 

Backup aborted! - Write operation failed - Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service. 

Macrium Reflect Standard Edition v5.1.5529 - 16-1PY2-32UQ-MM3Q-WW91-JSZP-FP89QBD

Share:

Share name:  Backups

Comments: 

Allocation method:  Most-free

Min. free space:  45000000

Split level:  2

Included disk(s): 

Excluded disk(s): 

Export (SMB):  Export read/write

Export (NFS):

From my understanding of the Most-Free allocation method, the \\tower\Backups share should only map to physical disks with at list 45GB free.  However the failure log seems to indicate that the resource is not available to perform the backup.  If I run this manually aftsuccessful, I have been successful for the last 4 times that it has failed. 

I'm not married to performing backups this way.  If anybody could give me a better idea or help me understand how to correct this, I would be grateful.

have you asked on the macrium forum on these issues?

Big fan of macrium here, though only do once a week backup of the hard drive (my docs/my music etc all point to unraid) so only stuff getting backed up is the os and apps installed.

Also another tip, i also backup the flash drive once a month to my hard drive automatically.  So if it dies i got a copy of it.

have you asked on the macrium forum on these issues?

Big fan of macrium here, though only do once a week backup of the hard drive (my docs/my music etc all point to unraid) so only stuff getting backed up is the os and apps installed.

Also another tip, i also backup the flash drive once a month to my hard drive automatically.  So if it dies i got a copy of it.

I've not posted my exact problem to the Macrium forum, but my searches for similar issues point to using "free space options" on the various NAS systems used as backup targets.  Apparently Macrium is able to ask for the ultimate file size when they open a handle to the file system and I guess they expect the OS (or NAS system) to honor the filesize indicated.

I like the idea of backing up the flash to the local drive.  I do have a duplicate flash drive taped inside the cover of my unRaid box, but it's simple insurance in case something gets corrupted.

It failed again this morning.  There was nothing in the syslog (attached) around 4:00am that indicated any abnormal activity (although it looks like I have a SATA link?? that's unhappy back on 2/7). 

Am I using the "most free" allocation correctly?  Is the split level 2 causing problems?  When I rerun the task in the morning (no more that 5 hours later) everything works properly.  Maybe I need to "wake" the array up before trying.

syslog-2013-02-10.txt