Just getting set up - SATA link not up?

I am running 5.0-rc11

Intel d915GAG mobo

3TB WD Red

2TB WD Red

When I run

dmesg | grep SATA

I get

Jan 26 11:48:03 Tower kernel: ata1: SATA max UDMA/133 cmd 0x20c8 ctl 0x20ec bmdma 0x20a0 irq 19
Jan 26 11:48:03 Tower kernel: ata2: SATA max UDMA/133 cmd 0x20c0 ctl 0x20e8 bmdma 0x20a8 irq 19

I don't get the "link up" - and they appear to be getting lower speed than SATA 1.5 (which is max the mobo supports).

Any thoughts on how to correct?

unraid_syslog_20130302_1529.txt

Seems to be working ok - they are preclearing now - perhaps the wiki has just been updated so my older mobo acts differently? Or it is an RC11 difference?

If you are asking if different hardware, using different versions of Linux, with different software drivers, will have different messages in its system log?  The answer is yes.

You have IDE emulation turned on for your SATA drives.  When you next boot, go into the BIOS settings and look for the SATA mode, and change it to a native SATA mode, preferably AHCI if available, anything but IDE emulation mode.  It should be slightly faster, and a little safer.  (I suspect your motherboard will not have AHCI available, but it should have a native SATA choice.)

Can you point out what you noticed in the wiki should be updated?

Rob - it was already set to Enhanced(Native).

Interesting.  It really does *look* like IDE emulation.  The 2 drives are using ata_piix, and they are on the same ata channel, ata2.00 and ata2.01.  I'll keep that in mind, it appears to be a Gateway board that is Intel 915 based.