Controller died; caused parity corruption+drive redball. How to trust data disk?

I got a notification last night that two of my array drives were missing.  I looked and noticed they're both on the same 2-port PCIe controller, so I figure maybe the controller wiggled loose or something.

I shut down, re-seated the controller, boot back up.  All the drives show up again, and of course unraid launches into a correcting parity check (argh! If only there were something like my feature request to have a safe-read-only-across-reboots option... unRAIDv5's "maintenance mode" does not appear to persist across reboots in a manner which would have satisfied this requirement)

I stop the correcting check as soon as I can, though it's already "fixed" 30+ "incorrect" parity locations.  I start a new non-correcting check, but both drives go missing about an hour into the check.

Diagnosis at this point: likely dead controller, and parity is probably corrupted.

I shut down, pull the bad controller, and replace it with another from the closet.  When I reboot, one of the drives on the controller is red-balled (sdb/disk5, a data drive), the other (the parity drive, FWIW) is green.

Status at this point: red-balled drive with likely-functioning drive and mostly-good data (I can mount it manually); "green" parity which is probably wrong due to the automatic correcting parity check; new drive controller that still isn't 100% trusted.

I have backups of everything "critical", but would rather not lose the rest of the data on the drive.

What I (think) I want to do

1) Run a couple non-correcting parity checks to make sure the new controller is solid

1a) this will generate a list of mismatching blocks

2) Force disk5 to be trusted.

3) Rebuild parity

4) If possible, use the blocks from (1a) and map block->filename on disk5.  I know this is possible on ext*, last time I researched I couldn't find a similar tool for reiser.  Manually check these files for integrity and/or restore from backups. 

Thoughts? Advice? How (in particular) can I accomplish step 2?

I found instructions on 'trust the array' for v5, which boil down to:

* Use the "new config" utility

* Set up the drives

* Run: "mdcmd set invalidslot 99"

* Click "Start" on the array management page without loading/reloading the page (aside: there was also a 'parity is correct' checkbox.  I checked that too)

I was on unRAID v5-RC8a, so had to upgrade to v5-RC11 before this would work  :o

So my array is back up/"trusted", and I'm running the stability parity checks mentioned in step#1.

I'd still be very interested in mapping block numbers to files if anyone has ideas how this can be accomplished.

I think I figured out a somewhat roundabout way to accomplish this using the FIBMAP ioctl; example code given here: http://lists.debian.org/debian-mips/2002/04/msg00059.html

This will generate a list of FS blocks for a given filename.  Do this for every file on the drive, save the results to a file.  Search that file for the block you're looking for.

Hopefully the 'blocks' returned by that ioctl correspond directly to the number returned when there's a parity mismatch.

Anyone know if parity mismatches are reported units of 4kB or 512B 'blocks'?  IIRC, I think it's 512B blocks

Generating my blocklist now, I'll post more detailed/streamlined instructions if this ends up working for me.