Seagate 1TB Barracuda ES.2 Internal Hard Drive ( ST31000340NS ) - $99.00

stephenm00

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update, I purchased two of these drives. I received the AS version of the drives.

Upon inspection they seemed in good condition, but upon use I immediately began having problems with one of the drives.

I figured I might just keep them (price was right) yet upon review of the warranty, it expires in Apr 2009.

Not much time and I figure it's not really worth saving the 20 or so dollars.

I don't mind used/recertified, but if I begin having clicks and pauses with a limited warranty, it's a formula for loss later on.

eCost acknowledged there was an error in the warehouse, so they are letting me return these for refund.

I guess in some case It's fortunate they sent me the wrong drive as it gives a huge bargain point for refund.

On the flip side, they were very courteous to work with and I would still consider them for purchase in the future.

In addition, the re certified WD green 1TB drives I received in the past via newegg.com, did check out to have a 3yr warranty.

One was DOA, yet WD replaced it expeditiously.

• 2 weeks later...

I just sent mine back. The real issue in my book is that the warranty was only 6 months.

In that respect, no amount for those drives was worth it.

one of them was clicking incessantly. No degrdation in performance but clicked constantly. even while idle. I just knew it was doomed to fail in the short term.

There ended up being a great sale at tiger direct so I got a 1.5tb for speedier parity and a 1tb AS for a lil over what I spend on a pair of these.