bringing my array back up on a new server?

Hi,

I had a drive fail on my unraid server last week.  WHen I powered down the server, I could nto get the system to even boot back up.  I have since gotten a lime tech MD-1510/LC and want to pop my drives into the new server and hopefully bring my array back up.  I just want to make sure that I am doing this correctly so that I do not lose any of my data. 

SO if all was well and there was no drive failure, I should be able to put my unraid usb key into the new server, and put my drives into the new server and power up and bring the array back online right?  are there any special considerations i need to make considerign that one of my drives was marked as bad on the old server?

also there is one additional complication.  three of the drives on my old server were PATA(IDE) drives.  on my old server these PATA drives were being run from an IDE controller card but it looks like the mother board in the MD-1510/LC had onboard IDE ports.  So I should be able to plug them into those ports and get the new server to see them right? 

If I can get my array back up and healthy again, I plan to immediately move the data off of these PATA drives onto one of my SATA drives and then remove them from the array, but i just need to get the array back up with them initially so that I can get at my data.

so with that said, are there any special considerations i need to make?  what steps do i need to take in order to make this successful?

I appreciate any assistance you could provide!!

as a side note - one of the many reasons I have stayed with unraid over the years is because of the amazing support on the forums.

Archived