HOARD, 37TB unRAID Server

Finished rebuilding my unRAID server this evening and I am currently re installing all of my applications. The copying of my media is going to take the longest. 

Whenever I tore it down I had to copy all of my data off to stand alone disks mounted to another machine.

Hardware Specifications

Motherboard: MSI 890FXA-GD70

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 Black - Quad Core @ 3.4GHz

Memory: Corsair XMS3 8GB (4x2gb) 1066

Chassis: Azza Helios 910

Drive Cage(s): SuperMicro CSE-M35T-1B 5:3 Drive Cages

Power Supply: Corsair TX 750W

Fans: (2) Scythe Gentle Typhoons (top & rear)

SAS/Sata Controller(s): (2) IBM ServeRAID M1015 - flashed RT

Hard-drives:

• (5) Seagate Barracuda Green ST2000DL003 2.0TB 7200RPM

• (3) Western Digital 20EFRX 2.0TB RED 7200RPM

• (3) Western Digital WD30EZRX 3.0TB Green 5900RPM

• (4) Seagate Constellation ES.3 ST4000NM0023 4TB 7200RPM - one for parity

• (1) Crucial M4 CT256M4SSD2 256gb Solid State Drive - cache drive

Here are some photographs of the build.  I currently have four (4) drive trays removed because one of them is connected to another machine, copying data back to the array and the other 3 still need to be pre-cleared again.  In one of the photographs you will see another stack of brand new drives.  These are five (5) more Western Digital 2TB RED drives that I ordered a while back.  I'm waiting to find the perfect full tower case to upgrade to.  Once I find it, I will put them into another 5:3 cage, which I already have and expand my array by another 10TB.

Additionally, the Constellations are power hungry drives.  I love them because they're Enterprise grade and I love them more because they were basically a gift from a vendor who I ordered a ton of hardware from (GPUs for Bitcoin rigs) a few years ago.  They sent me a nice gift card and package that had some lovely goodies in it.

At the rate I am currently copying data it is going to take quite a while.  I have about 14TB or so to copy over.  I also realized by looking at these photographs I snapped with my phone I need to get a can of air and spray out the workstation in the background and the side panel of the unRAID server.  Its quite nasty in there...

evaqava9.jpg

ruburutu.jpg

y3e6avem.jpg

pyrepuhe.jpg