Plex Connect for Unraid? (ATV3 Plex)

When using this I get "Cannot Find Plex Server" error.  I assume this is due to the drives being spun down and the PlexConnect is timing out before the drives are online.  Exiting and pressing select again solves the issue.  Is there a setting where I can increase the timeout amount?

Kryspy

Having some teething issues here - would appreicate any advise.

Changed unRaid web port to 8008 via go script

ATV3 Dns points at unRaid - 10.0.1.4

PlexConnect has DNS master entry 10.0.1.4

Fire it up and it hangs on finding PMS - PMS is running as I can get to the web gui

I'm sure I've got something the wrong way round here!

UnRaid 5.0-rc11.

Fire it up and it hangs on finding PMS - PMS is running as I can get to the web gui

UnRaid 5.0-rc11.

PlexConnect should be pointing to your AppleTV's IP (the one you replaced with your unRAID IP on the AppleTV.

So Apple TV should have your unRAID IP

PlexConnect should have your AppleTV IP.

UnRaid 5.0-rc11.

Off topic: weird coincidence, I also reserved 10.0.1.4 for my server. Do you use an AirPort Extreme router?

On topic: you shouldn't be changing the DNS settings in the PlexConnect settings to point to your server.

PlexConnect should be pointing to your AppleTV's IP (the one you replaced with your unRAID IP on the AppleTV.

I didn't have to change any settings in the PlexConnect settings to point to the AppleTV when I set this up for my parents. I just pointed the AppleTV's DNS settings to the server and started PlexConnect and it worked fine. Your AppleTVs IP could change.

I had PlexConnect working on a separate Mac Mini but decided it would be better off on the unRaid box. Did the exact same thing.

In the end I reinstalled it. It still wouldn't see my PMS until I changed the ip in settings.cfg to 0.0.0.0 as the PMS runs on the unRaid box. By default it had a 192 address in there, my network is 10.x.x.x. After this PlexConnect could see the PMS. Hitting trailers on the ATV3 would still go to the apple trailers until I changed the DNS master in settings.cfg to point at Google 8.8.8.8.

So far so good.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't have to change any settings in the PlexConnect settings to point to the AppleTV when I set this up for my parents. I just pointed the AppleTV's DNS settings to the server and started PlexConnect and it worked fine. Your AppleTVs IP could change.

Sorry, been on vacation. That being said, I guess if that is the case I am not sure, I have my apple tv's and unRAID server on static IPs so I never have that issue. But the below steps are based on PlexConnect wiki:

http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topic/70272-plexconnect-on-unraid/ - This is my post used by the PlexConnect group.

https://github.com/iBaa/PlexConnect/wiki/OSX-and-ATV-with-5.2-firmware-and-ethernet-internet-connection-installation-guide

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

How did you get python working?

After installing this: http://pkgs.org/slackware-13.37/slackware-i486/python-2.6.6-i486-1.txz.html

root@Tower:/boot/packages# python
-bash: /usr/bin/python: cannot execute binary file
root@Tower:/boot/packages# 

To keep it short, on my 5.0 unRAID I had to use Python 2.7.3. See this message on the Plex forums for all the details. Apart from the Python version I followed the official guide. Guide states that you can use 2.6.x - 2.7.x but this wasn't the case at least on my system.