Motherboard Recommendations for 6 drive build

Looking to upgrade my unRAID box as my current build struggles to support transcoding to a single device currently.  I will need to get a new processor regardless but I'm not sure what motherboards I should be looking at:  brand, models, NIC's, etc.

My build use case:

-6 drives (1 cache)

-Handle transcoding for up to 2 roku boxes

-Running Plex, Sickbeard, CouchPotato, Sabnzbd, Crashplan

Any suggestions on what I should be looking at?

I've seen a number of recommendations for supermicro boards.  They seem solid but I feel like I'm over buying for my use case.

This very nice mini-ITX board has 6 SATA ports and supports any of the Ivy Bridge CPU's

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131841

If you're not using a mini-ITX case, you can still mount it in your larger case and have LOTS of free "working space" in the case, along with very good airflow.    Or you could put it in the superb Lian Li PC-Q25B case, which is a superb case for a 6-drive system.

Pop in an i5-3570 or an i7-3770 and you'll have FAR more "horsepower" than you need for your plugins  :)

This very nice mini-ITX board has 6 SATA ports and supports any of the Ivy Bridge CPU's

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131841

If you're not using a mini-ITX case, you can still mount it in your larger case and have LOTS of free "working space" in the case, along with very good airflow.    Or you could put it in the superb Lian Li PC-Q25B case, which is a superb case for a 6-drive system.

Pop in an i5-3570 or an i7-3770 and you'll have FAR more "horsepower" than you need for your plugins  :)

Aren't there issues with the Realtek NIC's?  This one is 8111F but I've read numerous issues with 8111E being unsupported. 

Whoops !!  I got two threads mixed up ==> the board I use (and that Tom uses in his new server) is the Atom-based SuperMicro motherboard, but that's not what I suggested for you.

What I suggested for you is the Asus board that supports Ivy Bridge CPU's.  But that board is also an excellent choice => in fact, if I wanted more "horsepower" it's exactly what I'd use for a SFF system.    I'm not sure what you've read that scares you ... but there are plenty of very positive reviews on it (and with ANY board you'll find both positive and negative reviews).

Read this thread about a very nice build (in the same Lian-Li PC-Q25B case I use) that uses that exact board.  The thread also has (at my prodding) at lot of details on the power consumption -- it's a very power-efficient board (although not as much so as my Atom):

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=24786.0