Adaptec 21610SA raid card supported?

goolong

It does look like a Linux driver can be compiled, but I doubt if one is included in the stock unRAID distribution. 

You can check the wiki to see if any other card uses the same chipset.  http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php?title=Hardware_Compatibility

If you are thinking of purchasing the card, you will need to let us know how well (or poorly) it works when all 16 drives are populated.  I'd look for a PCI-express bus card for much better performance.  I have not heard of anybody else using a 16 port SATA card on a standard PCI bus. 

Joe L.

I have one of these on a shelf. Its not the best. During testing i managed to break the RAID doing anything other than what it expected. JBOD from memory isnt really JBOD and I found pulling a drive out and trying to mount it as a normal SATA port wouldnt work. I never investigated further since I wasn't prepared to risk my data over some bespoke Adaptec madness/quirkiness.

Dont buy it.

• 2 weeks later...