Greenleaf Technology Cleverbox 20 Review

If you're looking for some quick validation that you're making the right choice going with Greenleaf, look no further. They make awesome servers and they back them with outstanding customer service and support. There are few companies that I've worked with that I think are deserving of a Christmas card. Greenleaf Technology is at the top of that list. These guys are fantastic! Nuff said.

If you're looking for more confirmation that you're making the right choice, read on...

As an avid XBMC user, I knew I wanted my multimedia server to use Unraid software, but I had no idea where to start.

I am somewhat tech savvy. I have built a few computers (HTPCs) from scratch, but the thought of building my own server made me nervous. I might have been able to put the pieces together and turn it on, but what would happen if I ran into a software problem, a  networking problem, the whole thing just didn't work?

After extensive Googling, it became exceedingly clear that if I wanted to buy an Unraid server, Greenleaf Technology was the best choice by miles and miles. The reviews were great and their entire team was active and very helpful on the Unraid forums.

At that point, I sent them a list of questions. Shortly after, I received a reply with very easy to understand answers. Clearly these guys knew their product inside and out.

Next, we hopped on a phone call to hash out details of exactly what I was looking for. They helped guide me through the options and made sure I was getting the right server for my specific setup.

I selected a Cleverbox 20. Soon after placing my order, I began receiving updates on the status of my server build and the estimated delivery date. A few weeks later, I had a tracking number and was eagerly awaiting the arrival of my new server. It arrived on a Friday and the Greenleaf team was kind enough to hop on a call that night to walk me through setup -- which was ridiculously simple.

Take it out of the box. Connect it via Ethernet to router. Plug in power. Turn it on. It was already setup with the storage structure I planned to use and I was able to start adding files that night. Happiness!

From that moment on, the server has been rock solid. Anytime I have had a question, the Greenleaf Team have been fantastic. I really couldn't be happier with the level of service they provide.

I said it once before but it's worth repeating. There are few companies that I've worked with that I think are deserving of a Christmas card. Greenleaf Technology is at the top of that list. These guys are fantastic! Nuff said.