Which is the better MB?

I'm planing on building a 2nd server for GP and Backups.

The current server I use for recording TV and movies as well as backups.

I want to replace the current MB (the Biostar listed below) with one that has IPMI and use the Biostar in the new server.

Coming from the Mac world I never needed to know much about MBs.

I have a chance to pick one up with an extra 15% off till tomorrow but it's not clear which is the better of the 2. This one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=13-182-773&nm_mc=EMCPB-122013&cm_mmc=EMCPB-122013-_-PB-_-Item-_-13-182-773&et_cid=4125&et_rid=957389is $10 buck more but it's not clear about the IPMI. Or this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=13-182-253&nm_mc=EMCPB-122013&cm_mmc=EMCPB-122013-_-PB-_-Item-_-13-182-253&et_cid=4125&et_rid=957389. Also what would be the best, low cost, low power i3 maybe to use with it. Any other suggestions? I think most of the Supermicros also have the same deal but these are the 2 I see listed here most frequently.

..both boards are highly recommended.

The difference is, that the -iiF model comes with two identical NICs which are supported by ESXi OOTB, whilst the

second NIC on the -F model is different and in order to activate it in ESXi you need some tweaking.

If you don't plan on running ESXi on that or if you feel able to do the tweaks with ESXi, just go for the cheapest model.

Any Socket 1155 i3 will do fine...however, go for an IvyBridge model.

Note-1: these boards are picky when it comes to RAM and you *need* unbuffered, unregistered ECC memory (ECC - UDIMMs) to go with them.

Try the kingston memory finder for the board of choice or go for memory that is confirmed to work.

Note-2: you'll need an 8pin  EPS-12V Power/CPU connector with that board...not all PSUs do support that.

Note-3: these boards will *not* work with an i5/i7 since these CPU models do not support ECC memory.

If you want more beef  than that you can find in an i3, you need to go for a XEON.

I'm don't know what ESXi is so my guess is I won't be dealing with that.

It's not clear in the specs if the -IIF board has IPMI but I'm guessing it does, am I right?

The PSU I'll be using is the Corsair listed below (CX-400).. According to the instructions for the PSU it says it has an 8-pin +12V also known as EPS12V connector, so I'm guessing that will work.

BTW

Happy New Year!