Swapping HighPoint Rocket 640L for Supermicro AOC-SAS2LP-MV8

Ok so I didn't read enough before purchasing the HighPoint Rocket 640L (which does not work with unRaid), so I'm exchanging it for a Supermicro AOC-SAS2LP-MV8 (I should receive in 3 days). My question is the procedure I need to go through to swap out these two cards. Currently the Highpoint has 3 drives connected all 2TB drives. 1 has no data on it, 1 has about 100GB of data and the other is my cache drive. Do I

1) Move all the data off to another drive, then remove the highpoint card run initconfig, then connect the new Supermicro card and the 3 drives and set them up? OR

2) Can I just swap out the card and connect the 3 drives and UnRaid will realize they are the same drive and everything will be fine?

Any Advice to make this a smooth transition would be much appreciated.

Yeah, I wasted money on a non-compatible SATA card, too. I found that swapping the drive controller card didn't (wouldn't/shouldn't) affect unRAID.

As always, there's the risk of loose cables, a bad card, etc., etc.,

So, being a 'Belt and Suspenders' type, before I did this, I started the web interface and took a screenshot showing exactly which drives are assigned which function. (The critical ones are cache and parity...you don't want to mix them up with your data drives.) Its unlikely you'll need the screenshot, but it sure feels better to know its around. I just keep a current snapshot in Dropbox along with a xerox of my passport and driver's license!  ::)