Help!....my disk has gone down!

After changing your go script, it's always a good idea to make sure it is in a UNIX format and not a DOS format, so you would run another command through telnet/console to do that (fromdos, details can be found in wiki or through a forum search).

Matt's advice is sound... 

There is one tiny correction.  unRAID always processes the config/go script through the "fromdos" program before running it.  It does this since it was anticipated a user might edit it using a windows editor.

It is the only script supplied with unRAID treated in this way, so in general, your advice is sound.    You can use any editor to add the commands to start add-on packages to the end of the "go" script, but it one of the few that will tolerate MD-DOS style CR/LF end-of-line character pairs.  (I think the config/*.cfg files can also have CR/LF pairs, but you are far less likely to edit them.)

Joe L.

Thanks, had a look at the Wiki for Smart features.....i have version 4.2.4, it says smartctl was introduced with 4.3final or later releases?.....i can download the plugin, but where on the flash disk do i install it?

What sort of tests commands would most run to do a one off - weekly test on HDD's using smart?....id use this routine via telnet often just to check the state of my HDD's....

Im not really a fan of addons, id like to keep my unraid clean and simple, though there are a few addons im liking:)

Thanks, had a look at the Wiki for Smart features.....i have version 4.2.4, it says smartctl was introduced with 4.3final or later releases?.....i can download the plugin, but where on the flash disk do i install it?

What sort of tests commands would most run to do a one off - weekly test on HDD's using smart?....id use this routine via telnet often just to check the state of my HDD's....

Im not really a fan of addons, id like to keep my unraid clean and simple, though there are a few addons im liking:)

Smart is already installed, you do not need to install it.  You may have a missing library to run it, but searching the forum will tell you how to fix it.  There are plenty of posts in a variety of topics about it. 

EDIT: sorry misread your post... I would upgrade to one of the newer versions of unraid, and deal with the missing library

A very quick search of the wiki (using the search box on the wiki page) of "smart" came up with a bunch of links, the second one, called "troubleshooting" had the following entry with plenty of smart commands.... http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php?title=Troubleshooting#Hard_drive_failures.  I'm sure if you looked more carefully at all the results of my wiki search or googled "smart commands" you could learn more.

Cheers,

Matt