WARNING: BIOS bug: CPU MTRRs don't cover all of memory, losing 704MB of RAM

I am running unraid 5.0.5 and just installed 2 additional 1gb memory modules to get me up to 4gb but I am getting the following error

WARNING: BIOS bug: CPU MTRRs don't cover all of memory, losing 704MB of RAM

All modules are read in the BIOS as 1024, I have not tried updating the BIOS yet but will do some research to see if there is one for my board.

What information should I post to try to identify the problem?

Here is the sys log. In addition to the memory problem, if you see anything that will help me clean up my system I would appreciate it. Thank you.

http://pastebin.com/55XEHGxG

Thank you

I would like to clean up any of the errors in the log if there is anyone willing to help me out with it. Thank you.

In the original log, I only see errors around the BIOS and memory issue.

The rest of the 'errors' look like normal stuff to me.

You're loading plugins of GIT, PLEX, LIBIDN, ZLIB, UTEMPTER, SCREEN, and PYTHON.

Was there something specific that concerns you?

Nothing specific concerned me, but I am new to this so I was not sure if there was something wrong. I noticed when I boot the computer that there are a few errors that say things like "you should install zip" - I know that is vague because I do not remember the exact phrase. However, I do not see that error in the log I pasted.

Is there another log file somewhere?

I would like to test my connection speed. I tried installing Iperf through the package installer but it does not seem to exist anymore. Is there another way to do this?

Lastly, I have some issues with Plex buffering sometimes when streaming to devices. Do you happen to know how to check those logs to see if the issue is with memory, cpu, or with the device receiving the content?

Thank you for the help.

Looks fine to me.  Network speed testing may not tell you much.  Reading and Writing from unRAID will differ...find a large file (a movie, perhaps), and copy it to and from unRAID and your PC.  Post the speeds and you'll get some feedback.  A cache drive will double the write speed, but won't affect your read speed.

As for Plex, you'll find Plex logs at //wherever-you-saved-your-plex-plugin-library/PLEX/library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Logs/

for example, my Plex library is in the folder 'Applications' on my cache drive, so its at:

/192.168.1.50/cache/Applications/PLEX/library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Logs/

Thank you, I will try this when I can move a computer capable of speed testing to that location. I am using a raspberry pi and a apple tv 3 with the trailers hack on it, and neither are capable of playing certain movies. My i7 rig which is connected to the same gigabit switch can play them no problem so I don't know if it is the location with the pi and apple tv or if it is the switch/cable in that location.

Speed test between the unraid tower and my i7 computer is 40-45MB per second on a 1gig file which was monitored in the unraid Network performance tab.

Speed test between the unraid tower and my i7 computer is 40-45MB per second on a 1gig file which was monitored in the unraid Network performance tab.

That speed doesn't sound too bad.  Movies are about 10-20% of that, even at very highest quality.

Your raspberry pi and apple are probably struggling with movies that need transcoding, or for which the devices simply don't have the codecs to decode the movie's format.

Check the file extension on one that won't play. Most current movies are .MP4.  There are some older formats (.rm, .wav, .divx) that require special player software.