We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

[SOLVED] Can't seem to get unRAID to use new disk

Porterhouse

:)Can anyone help with some pointers on getting unRAID to write to a 2nd disk.

I've read 'Setting up Your File Structure and User Shares on unRAID' and anyway I've already got my server working fine, BUT, I've added a disk, which is recognised and available and not spun up, but I can't get unRAID to create any files on it. Sure I can do it myself from w8, but that's not the point

Irrespective of what fill allocation method I select for the share, what split level, what include/exclude, it always seems to want to use disk1, even if I create the identical share on disk 2 and the subdirectories that my ripper expects to see.

If I exclude disk1 the rip from AnyDVD fails, otherwise it just continues to use disk1.

I just want to force unRAID to write to disk 2 so I know it's all working and isn't going to just sop when disk 1 is full.

What am I missing - do I need to reboot or something. Is it a permissions thing ? Do I need to run 'new permissions' on the new disk ?? :(

Any pointers gratefully received

Thanks

garycase - you're a genius. It was your comment 'both global and individual shares' which helped me find the problem. I had not realised that the settings in Settings >Share Settings were global or even thought to look there, and nowhere was this mentioned in the UG''s. As soon as I removed 'disk1' from Settings >Share Settings, the figure for 'FREE' space in shares increased to include all free space on my disks. Needless to say the next test rip to two different shares (using also 'most free') worked perfectly next rip.

Can I suggest that 'Share Settings' in Settings should be re-labelled 'Global Share Settings' and gat a mention in the UG 'Setting up your file structure and user shares on unRAID'

RESOLVED - Thanks

Archived