How do I find out if extended attibutes is enabled on the file system??

I've been having some trouble extended attributes using BTSync specifically.  They did find and fix (allegedly) a problem that was found in some of my logs, but I'm still having some errors thrown in my logs.  The developers stated this specifically:

"As for uRaid log, please, check you file system and make sure that it has extended attributes enabled with the "user_xattr" mount option."

I have no idea how to check to see if that is enabled, if it's enabled by default, how to enable it if it's not enabled, and whether or not I can do this with a running server with files.  Can someone enlighten me on this?

I'm running 5.0.5, BTW.

And in case if anyone was wondering what kind of errors I'm getting in the unRaid syslog, this is what they are:

Sep 4 15:11:07 Tower shfs/user: shfs_setxattr: setxattr: com.apple.FinderInfo /mnt/cache/Media/test/iTunes Media/Chaka Demus & Pliers/All She Wrote/10 She Don't Let Nobody.mp3 (95) Operation not supported

Sep 4 15:11:09 Tower shfs/user: shfs_setxattr: setxattr: com.apple.FinderInfo /mnt/cache/Media/test/iTunes Media/Chaka Demus & Pliers/All She Wrote/11 Let's Make It Tonight.mp3 (95) Operation not supported

Attached.  This is a fairly clean one too.  I rebooted the server a few days ago as I was getting some odd hardware error, but no idea what.

I even went in and ran a sync of the files in question, or at least a much smaller set of them.  You'll see all the errors that are getting thrown when they're getting written (I'm assuming).  Of course they're getting written to cache first (SSD) so keep that in mind.

Let me know if anything jumps out at you.

syslog.txt.zip

Reboot into SAFE-mode and test. Then attach a new syslog.

Sorry to sound ignorant, but how exactly do I do that?  And will I still be able to run BTSync in safe mode?  Cause if not then I won't be able to do a test.

I can say that now that I've moved the files to the array and off of cache I'm not getting these xattr errors.  However I'm not trying to add anything new.  If I do, even if it's just one file, I'll get these errors thrown in the logs for every file in that directory.  It's freaking bizarre and I'm about ready to say screw it and find another way of backing up my audio files.  Just don't quite understand why 4TB worth of video files have been syncing up for months, but audio files, not so much.