New disk not used by shares [SOLVED]

I'm a newbie to unraid, so please bear with me. I added a new WDC 1.5 tb disk to my array by following the directions in the manual. I pre-cleared it 3 times and then added it to the array. It showed up fine in the Main tab. However, once added it didn't get used by my shares (movies, tv, and iso). Each of the shares are setup as follows:

• high water mark
  • min-free space=0
  • split-level=1

I left the Included and Excluded blank.

After a week I realized sabnzbplus hadn't update it's disk space amount and checked unraid. Reading on the forums I decided to add the disks into the Included:

• disk1-3

I then stopped and restarted the array. However, when I go to compute the share size, it only checks disk 1 and disk 2 and shows 30gb available.

Disk 3 shows up on Main with stats and no errors. It just doesn't seem to get picked up the shares.

Looking at my df output on my server:

Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
tmpfs                 128M  368K  128M   1% /var/log
/dev/sda1             2.0G   57M  1.9G   3% /boot
/dev/md1              1.9T  1.9T   11G 100% /mnt/disk1
/dev/md2              1.9T  1.9T   14G 100% /mnt/disk2
/dev/md3              1.4T   33M  1.4T   1% /mnt/disk3
shfs                  3.7T  3.7T   25G 100% /mnt/user

shfs does not seem to have pulled in the 3rd data disk. Can someone point me to how to troubleshoot this?

thanks,

Dan H.

You need to look into split level.  You're forcing some of the shares to reside on certain disks.  This would cause problems with TV shows (for instance) if you organize them in the following way:  \\unraidserver\tvshare\series\whatever - all the files in the folder series must stay on the same disk.  Check the following link:

http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/Un-Official_UnRAID_Manual#Split_level

Sorry, I rechecked my split level for TV shows and that is set to 2. My folder structure for TV is as follows:

\\unraidserver\Series\Season\files

For movies it is set to 1 and the structure is:

\\unraidserver\movies\moviename\files

So I'm thinking I should leave the following:

[*]Leave TV shows as split level 2 so seasons can be contained within a single disk, but the show itself can split among all three.

[*]Since all my movies are single files, it seems from looking at the forums I should update the split level to remove the value.

That should allow unraid to put movies on any disk it needs, correct?

Sorry, I rechecked my split level for TV shows and that is set to 2. My folder structure for TV is as follows:

\\unraidserver\Series\Season\files

For movies it is set to 1 and the structure is:

\\unraidserver\movies\moviename\files

So I'm thinking I should leave the following:

[*]Leave TV shows as split level 2 so seasons can be contained within a single disk, but the show itself can split among all three.

[*]Since all my movies are single files, it seems from looking at the forums I should update the split level to remove the value.

That should allow unraid to put movies on any disk it needs, correct?

Yes it should.  Unless the movies are replacing movies you already have.  For TV shows if you're adding new episodes they would go on to the same disk as the current season's episodes.

You're completely out of space on your disks (except the new one).  I recommend moving some shows and movies from each of the disks that are full to the blank disk. 

Do this via disk shares (you might have to enable them).  Basically you want to move files from \\unraidserver\disk1\xxx and \\unraidserver\disk2\xxx to \\unraidserver\disk3\xxx (keep the full paths of the file locations in tact)

You also don't want your disks to be 100% full, unless you're intentionally filling them that way.  You should set min-free-space to a value slightly larger than the largest file you intend to write to the share.

This doesn't appear to have solved my problem. I think fundamentally disk 3 hasn't been added to the shfs. Here is the ls output.

From /mnt/disk 3:

/mnt/disk1/Movies# ls ../../disk3        
Ghost\ Town\ (2008)/  Ghost\ in\ The\ Shell\ Arise\ Border\ 1\ (2013)/  Ghost\ in\ The\ Shell\ Arise\ Border\ 2\ (2013)/  Ghost\ in\ the\ Shell\ (1995)/  Populaire\ (2012)/

From /mnt/users/Movies:

/mnt/disk1/Movies# ls ../../user/Movies | grep Gh
Ghostbusters\ (1984)/

It seems the disk is not sheen in the share at all. How can I verify that the share created by unraid has added disk 3?

thanks,

Dan H.

Ok, so the problem was between the chair and the keyboard.

Under the Settings tab, there is a Share icon. In there there is an Include field that just contained disk1,disk2. I added disk3 and voila, I now have the new drive space added.

Thanks all, sorry for the newb problem.

Also, marked this as defect solved. Don't think it's a defect though, unless it's with me. :-\