Losing settings, is my flash drive the problem? [SOLVED]

RickToTheMax

Hello,

I've got a problem with unraid 6 (b10a).

I am losing share settings, after a few hours or days (still not sure when it is actually happening, and if anything triggers it)

The shares still works, but they revert to default settings and if I try to modify any of them, the settings just reverts back to default..

If i stop the array, all disk are shown as undefined.. After a reboot, everything works, but a parity check is started automatically.

Today i noticed that if i log from SSH and go to /boot directory, it wont list any files (after the problem arise)

I am quite new to unraid, I installed beta9 a few weeks ago and everything was fine. I am not sure if the problem is related to beta10a or not.

For now I've moved the flash drive to another usb port just in case...

Should i just buy a flash drive that is confirmed to work with unraid like the sandisk cruizer fit?

I am currently using a Patriot memory X-Mini 8gb

Thanks!

The most likely cause is the the flash drive is being mounted read only because of a problem detected with the file system on it.

Shutdown unraid, remove the flash drive.  Connect it to a PC/Mac and run a checkdisk on it to fix any problems file system problems, eject the flash drive and put it back into your unRAID system and boot.

Archived