my unraid build

MAD450r

unraid builds in 25 year old inwin q500b full tower. stock has 5x5.25 bays 1x3.5 floppy and 6x3.5 internal drive mounts. with 2 5.25 racks for 4 and 3 drives ill fit 14 drives. if i can get airflow decent ill mount another triple drive rack i removed from an old mid tower. should fit nicely above ps ill rivet it to top cover but ill put calk on top of cage first to add vibration dampening. Im using a gigabyte motherboard for my core2quad extreme qx9650. (Cant remember board model off hand. It has 4gb of ddr2 667mhz. It currently has 3by 500gb and 3x320gb drives in the unraid. My old win7 server has 2x2tb 2x1tb, and 640gb, 760gb drives ill move over as soon as my 2 new 4tb drives complete 3 rounds of preclearing.

Wish i could afford a fackmount server but i have had 3 of these inwins, well still have and both my servers have been rock solid in them.

Hope to put my old cartoon collection back on as well as put all tv and movie backups all on this server. Next year i plan to build a copy of this to just have this server backed up as well.

This pic is really old ill get pics up soon of this at its later setup. The black bad painted tower is my win 7 server ive had for years. The white one will be my unraid box. Has 6 sata2 ports on motherboard. I have 2 pci express 1x sata 2 and sata3 cards in currently. Ill pickup either 1 more when i move the quad rac into the white tower since in the win7 build its connected via pci promise card. My cash drive and my parity drives are on sata3 rest are on sata2.

3811707983_f6c8df9abb.jpg.cea0cc8c99c62a0d34bd2c1f1d08494e.jpg

Archived