A8N32-SLI Deluxe?

runLoganrun

I haven't used this board, but did try the A8N-SLI Premium that I have kicking around.  I found it had performance issues (not sure of the cause), but from reading posts around here, etc, I think any nforce chipset is "risky" to use (i.e. may work, but may have issues).

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but I do suggest you stay away from nvidia chipsets for an unRAID box.

I haven't used this board, but did try the A8N-SLI Premium that I have kicking around.  I found it had performance issues (not sure of the cause), but from reading posts around here, etc, I think any nforce chipset is "risky" to use (i.e. may work, but may have issues).

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but I do suggest you stay away from nvidia chipsets for an unRAID box.

And you'd be wrong, at least concerning the A8N-SLI Premium board. I've used it since last July and it works very well. I think it is one of the best boards for unRAID.

And you'd be wrong, at least concerning the A8N-SLI Premium board. I've used it since last July and it works very well. I think it is one of the best boards for unRAID.

Thanks for the info,

Is there anyone else that can chime in on if there's an issue with nvidia chipset?

rlr

Please read the Hardware Compatibility wiki page, and search A8N throughout the page.  There are a number of A8N family boards listed there, and then 2 notes farther down related to the nForce chipsets.

what does TBD mean in tested motherboard list?

I didn't find anything directly about my board, I had already searched for it before I posted this. as far as nforce4 it seems to be mostly a problem with Linux users, and they say that the A8N family of boards seem to have covered the issues other nforce boards were having. There's really nothing concrete though, so I'm disinclined to use this board, unfortunately, and want to pick up one of the officially tested boards. I was unclear as to whether tbd meant level 1 tested or not, although I'd prob rather go with one that's more tested anyway since I'm buying it for this express purpose. 

thanks,

rlr

Please read the Hardware Compatibility wiki page, and search A8N throughout the page.  There are a number of A8N family boards listed there, and then 2 notes farther down related to the nForce chipsets.

what does TBD mean in tested motherboard list?

I didn't find anything directly about my board, I had already searched for it before I posted this. as far as nforce4 it seems to be mostly a problem with Linux users, and they say that the A8N family of boards seem to have covered the issues other nforce boards were having. There's really nothing concrete though, so I'm disinclined to use this board, unfortunately, and want to pick up one of the officially tested boards. I was unclear as to whether tbd meant level 1 tested or not, although I'd prob rather go with one that's more tested anyway since I'm buying it for this express purpose. 

thanks,

rlr

TBD = To Be Determined.

Archived