Can't Connect to Tower

Hi,

I installed unraid on a flash drive and plugged it in and it boots fine. However, I can not connect to the tower through the address. I checked my DHCP list and the machine is not even listed. I tried pinging to the router using my unraid box and it won't ping. I type ifconfig and I don't see an IP address just the mac address.

I am using the official motherboard c2see. I know the wire works (I plug the wire into a different computer and I get internet). I hope it's not the motherboard and I hope it's just a bios problem?

Thanks.

Can you

cd /boot

ls

and tell me if any files show up?

Or when you boot unRAID and are prompted to login are the messages above that:

/etc/rc.d/rc.inet1.config: line 18: /boot/config/network.cfg: No such file or directory

/etc/rc.d/rc.inet1.config: line 19: /var/tmp/network.cfg: No such file or directory

Using 'ifconfig eth0 unraid.servers.ip.here" will manually set the ip, but something else is probably afoot.

Also, what unRAID version are you using?

Can you

cd /boot

ls

/etc/rc.d/rc.inet1.config: line 18: /boot/config/network.cfg: No such file or directory

/etc/rc.d/rc.inet1.config: line 19: /var/tmp/network.cfg: No such file or directory

Using 'ifconfig eth0 unraid.servers.ip.here" will manually set the ip, but something else is probably afoot.

I can CD /boot. I don't see those lines above.

The most common reason for first time users that do not have a working network, is forgetting to set the flash Volume label correctly.  See the Boot Problems section of the Troubleshooting page, in my sig.  There are other ideas on that page too, as well as on the USB Flash Drive Preparation page.

The drive is definitely labeled UNRAID. I'm getting stuck here. does anyone else have the official board that can help me out?

Can you

cd /boot

ls

Man I feel stupid. I was using the older version of UNRAID (downloaded the first one i saw on the download page). I reinstalled everything with the new version and it's working fine. I'm not using the beta, just the 4.4.2 version

Archived