Heeeeeeeelp!

MrK

Hello

I am after some help please.

I have tried to replace a 250gb IDE disk with a 1tb SATA disk by replacing it and performing a rebuild. Unfortunately the rebuild was extremely slow due to hda: lost interrupt errors (I assume referring to 500gb hdd as 250gb remove from system).

I had to stop the rebuild as it was not progressing. Now my other hard drive (hdc 500gb) has come up as unformatted! I have tried a "reiserfsck --rebuild-tree /dev/hdc" but it tells me I need to run it as superblock rebuild with an sb command, which I am reluctant to do.

Is there any way I can tell unraid to use my 250gb hard drive again as the rebuild to the replacement failed!? Then rebuilt the 500gb back onto the 1tb sata drive?

Hope this makes sense, sorry I'm a beginner with all this stuff!

Thanks in advance for any help....

Hello

I am after some help please.

I have tried to replace a 250gb IDE disk with a 1tb SATA disk by replacing it and performing a rebuild. Unfortunately the rebuild was extremely slow due to hda: lost interrupt errors (I assume referring to 500gb hdd as 250gb remove from system).

I had to stop the rebuild as it was not progressing. Now my other hard drive (hdc 500gb) has come up as unformatted! I have tried a "reiserfsck --rebuild-tree /dev/hdc" but it tells me I need to run it as superblock rebuild with an sb command, which I am reluctant to do.

Is there any way I can tell unraid to use my 250gb hard drive again as the rebuild to the replacement failed!? Then rebuilt the 500gb back onto the 1tb sata drive?

Hope this makes sense, sorry I'm a beginner with all this stuff!

Thanks in advance for any help....

If you are going to use the raw device then it should be /dev/sdc1 (i.e. You must include the partition number as part of the device name).  Failing to do so is almost certain why you got the message about a missing superblock. Note, however, that running against the raw device would break parity and thus you would lose any chance of rebuilding the other disk.    Normally one would instead put the array into Maintenance mode and start by running

reiserfsck --check /dev/md?

where ? corresponds to the disk number (as using the md type devices maintains parity and avoids you having to specify the partition number).  The results of the check would tell you what recovery action was recommended.

Hello itimpi

Many thanks for taking the time to reply.

Unfortunately when I send those commands (reiserfsck --check /dev/md3 and reiserfsck --check /dev/md4) it doesn't complete. The error is :-

The problem has occurred looks like a hardware problem. If you have

bad blocks, we advise you to get a new hard drive, because once you

get one bad block  that the disk  drive internals  cannot hide from

your sight,the chances of getting more are generally said to become

much higher  (precise statistics are unknown to us), and  this disk

drive is probably not expensive enough  for you to you to risk your

time and  data on it.  If you don't want to follow that follow that

advice then  if you have just a few bad blocks,  try writing to the

bad blocks  and see if the drive remaps  the bad blocks (that means

it takes a block  it has  in reserve  and allocates  it for use for

of that block number).  If it cannot remap the block,  use badblock

option (-B) with  reiserfs utils to handle this block correctly.

I'm guessing I have lost my 500gb hard drive and there is no way to rebuild its data? I assume I can mount the old 250gb hard drive and copy the data from it?

Cheers