unRaid not letting me correctly define number of slots in array

scbutters

I've got 5 hdds in my system (1 parity, 3 in array, 1 cache). That to me means that I should have Slots = 4 and my cache drive designated on the Cache Devices tab. However, the UI will not let me say that I have any fewer than 5 slots, and insists on showing me disk4 as unassigned (see attached screenshot). Well of course it's unassigned, I don't have another disk to fill that spot in the array! Anybody know why I can't set Slots = 4 and have a happy array? As it is now, it seems like the system is working correctly in terms of writes going to the cache drive, the files being moved correctly later, and reads everything else being generally functional, but the glaring red ball and the fact that it says "Data is invalid" and Data 4 is marked as faulty on the Dashboard page is a bit distressing.

Running 6.0b12.

Thanks in advance for any help.

array.jpg.607d75241826a70157d28bde9d5e24a5.jpg

That setting just hides the extra slots that appear when the array is stopped. That setting has nothing to do with having a happy array.

HOWEVER - At one point in time you did have a disk assigned to that slot and unRAID now thinks it's missing. You need to do a new config and re-assign all the disks and then start the array and run a parity build followed by a parity check.

Best to take a screen shot or write down the disk serial numbers before running the new config.

Archived