Opening Unraid in browser very slow and wakes hard drives

Glimmerman911

When I open up Unraid in any browser (tested multiple), it doesn't just open up the main screen quickly any more.

Instead, it takes 20-30 seconds, and it wakes up half my hard drives in the process.

This seems to have started around the time I added a cache drive and the Plex App, though I am not sure.

As an example, I logged in this morning and all my drives would have been sleeping as they are on 4-hour spin down and I left it over night.

It took about 20 seconds to login, and when the browser did open, 9 of my 22 hard drives were spun up.

I am running 5.0.6 and have MySQL, Plex, and SNAP plugins installed.

I have noticed this behavior as well. I will leave it everything alone over night and then in the morning when I log into the web gui it takes 20 seconds to load. Then once it is loaded multiple hard drives have spun up. It doesn't seem to always happen though; for example, I logged into unRAID web gui this morning and the drives spun up but I haven't refreshed the web page until now and the drives remained spun down when I clicked refresh (maybe because the web page remained open in Chrome all morning?)

Plex probably isn't the issue because I have mine installed on an Ubuntu VM that runs 24/7. I am running 6b12 (afraid to upgrade at the moment  ;D) and the only plugins I have installed are vmMan, APC UPS, and Powerdown.

Archived