Went to replace red balled drive, another drive disappeared

Hey guys

running 5.x

I have 10 drives in my array. 9 drives and a parity.

Here's what happened.

I had a drive redball, and within a couple of hours I was ready to replace it since I keep some warm spares in my server. Took the array offline, Drive # 8 was redballed so I planned on replacing it with a precleared drive that I had ready to swap.

As soon as I took the array offline, drive #3 disappeared. It didn't go red, it just disappeared. I've experimented with moving it to a different slot in my case (since I have NORCO 5x3 enclosures) and no matter what I do, when I boot up unraid, I cannot see that drive to place it back in slot #3.

Now here's the fun part. Drive #8 shows fine in long SMART test. I assume it redballed due to a hard shutdown when my power surged enough to kill the battery on my UPS.

And then somewhere along the way drive 3 disappeared. I saw the drive there on the array everything fine. As soon as I unmounted the array, drive 3 was never again seen by the OS.

My question is: Is there a way I can tell unraid: Drive 8 is fine, just use it, and then rebuild drive 3 on a clean drive? because as of right now I have a dual drive failure.

I thought the TRUST MY ARRAY feature would work (I haven't tried it) but I want unraid to accept my current drive 8 as if it had never failed. is there somewhere I can change a setting to let unraid ever forget that it redballed? I'm willing to accept the risk.