Revision3 / systm reviews unRAID

neilt0

• 9 months later...

hey all, I am a n00b at all of this, and have no idea what i am doing.  I am trying to set up something that will search for duplicate files, and then automatically delete them if they have the same file name and size.  Is there such a thing?  I have had a look round the forums and there are a couple of long strings of commands that I have tried to input into a telnet connection that I have made with the unraid server.

Is there anything that anyone can suggest, e.g. a program I can run that will search for duplicate files and delete them over the network?

Thanks in advance.

I am trying to set up something that will search for duplicate files, and then automatically delete them if they have the same file name and size.

Some files can have the same file name and size and still be different.  Case in point, the thumbnails for my movies:

They are all named folder.jpg, and there's about 800 of them in this box.  All are very similar in size, some are likely exactly the same size.