Unable to register trial key

pickthenimp

I believe certain USB flash drives do not contain unique GUIDs. These flash drives can't be used for unRAID. Try a different flash drive.

Thank you sir, ill give it a go with a new one.

While that may be the case, it may not be. I would send an email to LimeTech with the details and they would be able to give you an authoritative answer. It is a new feature and you may have found a new issue that they need to fix.

By far and away USB flash drives are supported. But USB devices that accept memory cards are not suitable for unRAID as their GUIDs are not unique. Also, USB sticks that have previously been blacklisted (e.g., had been replaced with a new one in the past) would also not be usable. If you're in one of those cases you may have your answer. But even so, a more meaningful message should be displayed.

I believe certain USB flash drives do not contain unique GUIDs. These flash drives can't be used for unRAID. Try a different flash drive.

Thank you sir, ill give it a go with a new one.

While that may be the case, it may not be. I would send an email to LimeTech with the details and they would be able to give you an authoritative answer. It is a new feature and you may have found a new issue that they need to fix.

Agreed, but trying another  USB drive may work faster.

By far and away USB flash drives are supported.

Most, but not all, USB drives work.
But USB devices that accept memory cards are not suitable for unRAID as their GUIDs are not unique.
Most, but not all, USB SD card readers do NOT work, i.e., some card readers do work.
Also, USB sticks that have previously been blacklisted (e.g., had been replaced with a new one in the past) would also not be usable. If you're in one of those cases you may have your answer. But even so, a more meaningful message should be displayed.

• 7 months later...

Archived