USB Drive Failure?

tavis904

Hello All,

I have an issue I would appreciate any help with.  I had 6.12beta (Pro) running on my Unraid machine until a recent power outage.  Upon reboot I get an error saying "unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(0 0) unraid". From my research it seems my USB stick may be the issue.  I would like advice on how to proceed.

I planned on reformatting the USB stick and reinstalling the latest Unraid 6 onto it. 

Does this sound like a good plan?  If so, any suggestions or guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

T. Campbell

RobJ,

Thank you for taking the time to respond.  All help is greatly appreciated as I've really taken to Unraid and enjoy using it.  I ran the Check Disk tool and found no issues.  I loaded the unlicensed (Unraid6) version on a new USB drive and it booted successfully. At this point I feel I should transfer my Pro license to this new drive. 

Am I correct I will need to re-download my dockers and set them back up?

T. Campbell

UPDATE

I was able to boot with my first USB drive (the one I believed was faulty/bad).  I'm not exactly sure why, but no complaints here.  I have ordered an Uninterrupted Power Supply for my server.  Lesson learned.

T. Campbell

Archived