Upgrade problem

lanthade

Hi all, I've got a little trouble going on here and I'm hoping you can help out.

My reliable & stable V5 install is gone due to the flash drive dying.  I still have the 3 identical data disks.  I figure this is the time to bite the bullet and move to V6 which I was planning on doing soon anyways.  I've successfully booted into V6 and have a plus license.  Unraid sees my disks but doesn't see the array.  I can't figure out how to get unraid to recognize my existing array and bring it up.

I appreciate your help!

~Erik

Ok, I may be on the way to resolution.  I mounted all my attached disks and noted which ones show actual data.  I assigned those to disk slots then assigned the remaining disk as parity.  I've started the array and I'm hopeful I'll have no data loss once it checks parity.

Post up if there's something I'm missing.

Thanks!

If you simply enable shares your shares should automatically return => UnRAID will automatically create shares from all root-level folders on the data drives.  You'll then need to go into the share properties and add any included/excluded drives; whether or not they're cacheable, etc.

Archived