Lots of errors by stuck on ''XFS: Internal error XFS_WANT_CORRUPTED_GOTO'

zpriddy

So... long story short.. The other day I started getting messages that I had a drive failing... No big deal.. I replaced the drive and it recovered.. Another one started to go out mid recovery but didn't fail completely.. replaced that one (I know that i was going to have my older drives start to go out and i was expecting that..)  Rebooted unRAID and it was locked into a readonly filesystem... I have had this issue before on a different server and threw the usb into my Mac to run a check and repair on the USB disk.. At that point the USB sick died... (all of this in 72 hours...) So i go out and buy a new usb and reinstall and start over.. I get everything installed, Docker and what not.. and everything is working just fine... restart building the parity drive.. and one of the brand new drives goes out... So.. go replace that.. reset the configuration so I can rebuild the parity and thats when this other error starts...

'XFS: Internal error XFS_WANT_CORRUPTED_GOTO at line 1775 of file fs/xfs/libxfs/xfs_alloc.c. [more about corrupted locations] Failed to recover EFIs'  So have many attempts of trying to mound only 1 or two drives at a time i can't get anywhere.. I couldn't find any solutions to this on google for unRAID and I am hoping that someone here can help me out?

Thanks!

syslog.txt

With all those problems, I would not do anything else until I had tested the memory, thoroughly.  Shut down and reboot, and select the Memtest from the unRAID boot menu, and run it all night, unless it fails sooner.  It may not be a memory problem, but it would be good to know for sure, whether it's bad memory that is causing all the corruption.  It's extremely unlikely that a number of components would all fail almost simultaneously.

If it's not memory, I would suspect power problems next, so that's the next thing to check out.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived