Replacement disk won't mount

jim80z

Hi All,

As I was preparing to replace all the disks in my array with new ones, I had one of the data disks start failing. I removed the disk, percleared a new one, added it to the array and after a few hrs the array rebuilt the disk. Unfortunately I get the error "unmountable disk present. Recent events (may not have anything to do with this)

- upgraded to V6 a couple of weeks ago

- added an SSD for cache drive (never had one before)

- array is made up of 5 x 1TB drives which includes a parity drive.

- have added 6 X Hitachi 3TB drives no yet perclear (started on two but aborted them for now)

Info attached from Diagnostics.

Any ideas?

odyssey-diagnostics-20150618-0232.zip

Hi

Further to this I noticed that items that would be on disk2 (i.e. the one replaced and not mounting) are not available on the share. I would have thought between the other data disks and the parity drive the data would all be there. I would love to do a full backup right now and depending what comes from this forum be ready for a rebuild ground up.

Thanks for your help.

Jim

Hi

Further to this I noticed that items that would be on disk2 (i.e. the one replaced and not mounting) are not available on the share. I would have thought between the other data disks and the parity drive the data would all be there. I would love to do a full backup right now and depending what comes from this forum be ready for a rebuild ground up.

Thanks for your help.

Jim

if a disk is shown as uncountable that you think should have data on it then this normally means there is some sort of corruption at the file system level.  What file system type should be on the problem disk as the type will determine which tool should be used to recover and make the disk mountable again.

Archived