IBM x3550 m3 booting issues.

dieselpwr3d

I'm not sure if this is the right category or if it should goto the hardware category.  Feel free to move it if needed.

I've got an x3550 m3 with dual L5640s, 32 gb ram.  I'm currently waiting to replace my M5015 with an HBA card for unraid.  I have tested the machine out in the mean time with some inconsistent results.  Mainly, it boots sometimes, and not others.  I pulled the USB stick my unraid in installed to from another computer that ran it fine and put it in the rear USB ports.  I've tried forcing the BIOS into USB 1.1 support, but to no avail.  The stick that my unraid install is on is a USB 3.0 stick, could this be the issue?  I'm at a loss as to the reason that I have so many issues with it booting and then the bios saying boot failed (which it is currently stuck at). 

Any help given would be appreciated, thanks!

*edit* This was working on another machine just fine while I was testing unraid.  I decided to purchase a license and tried moving this stick over to a more powerful machine.  This was unraid 6, straight download with no updates.  One of the times I got it to work, I forced it to clear the disk information as it was looking for my other hard drives installed on the other machine.  Other than that, there have been no changes to the unraid system at all.  Should I try to move my license over to a USB 2.0 stick and see if it works that way?  I can get the system to boot into freedos on another usb 2.0 stick.

Archived