unRAID share and Tag???

I have a mythbuntu 14.04 KVM running. It's ISO file is loaded from an outside of the array partition /dev/sdj . It is shared as a samba share "mythtv". I can browse to it through the network through my ubuntu KVM file manager. What I am wondering is: what do the lines during KVM creation "unRAID Share" and "unRAID mount tag" mean? I would like for my mythbuntu to be able to mount the share and have it visible inside of the VM for the purposes of storing recordings. I had the lines "unRAID Share" set to /mnt/disks/mythtv (my mythtv share outside of the array" and the "unRAID tag" set to both recordings and /mnt/recordings, hoping I would see the unraid share mounted within my VM already. What are the significance of these lines and is it possible to do what I want to do and mount an unRAID (outside the array) share inside of a KVM?

EDIT: I have the "unRAID Share" set to: /mnt/disks/mythtv/recordings

and the "unRAID mount tag" set to: shares

I have added the line:

shares  /mnt    9p  trans=virtio,version=9p2000.L,noauto,nobootwait,rw    0  0

to /etc/fstab inside of the VM. I then try to sudo mount -a, and sudo mount /mnt

and there is still nothing inside of my /mnt folder

What am I doing wrong?

I have the "unRAID Share" set to: /mnt/disks/mythtv/recordings

and the "unRAID mount tag" set to: shares

I have added the line:

shares  /mnt    9p  trans=virtio,version=9p2000.L,noauto,nobootwait,rw    0  0

You neeed to add the share name after the mount point (/mnt) and also try adding  the parameter _netdev to mount the share on boot.  Try

shares   /mnt/shares 9p  trans=virtio,version=9p2000.L,_netdev,noauto,nobootwait,rw    0   0

Also I don't have the noauto and no boot wait parameters, so you may want to try booting without them.

• Like 1