[solved] Cannot connect outside of network

Cavian

Hello, recently my unRAID server lost the ability to communicate outside of the network.  This is preventing the server from checking for updates, keeping docker containers from updating, and preventing Plex from downing metadata.  Interestingly I can still use outside network connections to stream media from the Plex server when away from home but other than that my server cannot connect to the internet.  I tried manually updating to 6.1 to see if that would fix the issue but the problem remains.

The server in question runs:

MB: ASROCK Z97 PRO4 ATX LGA 1150

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K

RAM: EVGA 16GB 8X2 D3 1600 DIMM C9

SATA Expansion: Marvell MV64460/64461/64462 Revision B (rev 01)

USB: Lexar Media JumpDrive Firefly

Ethernet Controller: Intel I218-V on-board Network Controller

Diagnostic Log is attached.

media-server-diagnostics-20150906-1052.zip

Hello, recently my unRAID server lost the ability to communicate outside of the network.  This is preventing the server from checking for updates, keeping docker containers from updating, and preventing Plex from downing metadata.  Interestingly I can still use outside network connections to stream media from the Plex server when away from home but other than that my server cannot connect to the internet.  I tried manually updating to 6.1 to see if that would fix the issue but the problem remains.

The server in question runs:

MB: ASROCK Z97 PRO4 ATX LGA 1150

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K

RAM: EVGA 16GB 8X2 D3 1600 DIMM C9

SATA Expansion: Marvell MV64460/64461/64462 Revision B (rev 01)

USB: Lexar Media JumpDrive Firefly

Ethernet Controller: Intel I218-V on-board Network Controller

Diagnostic Log is attached.

The fact you can make inbound connections means that the basic TCP level is active, so it has to be something specific to outbound connections.

You might want to check from a console/telnet session that you can ping the gateway address and the DNS server addresses? 

The fact you can make inbound connections means that the basic TCP level is active, so it has to be something specific to outbound connections.

You might want to check from a console/telnet session that you can ping the gateway address and the DNS server addresses?

Going in through the telnet session allowed me to successfully ping the gateway and DNS servers.  When I logged back out and rebooted the server the connections started working again, not exactly sure what caused it but thank you for your assistance.  I'd still be interested in knowing what caused the issue in the first place but it appears to be resolved for now.