ASRock 970 Extreme4 iommu?

I have been using an ASRock 970 Extreme3 for awhile and was looking for a new mobo with additional pci express 2.0 slots. After reviewing the ASRock 970 Extreme4, I purchased it as it seemed to fit the bill. After installing the new motherboard, I started having issues with my virtual machines causing UnRaid to become unresponsive (Diagnostics etc. http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=42858.0). After trying different things, I switched back to the old motherboard and everything seems to be working fine.

Are there any suggestions on what I could do to troubleshoot the issue? Could there be a BIOs setting cause the issue if passthrough appeared to be working fine?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the response. I put the old ASRock 970 Extreme 3 back in and its working fine. I'm pretty sure I tried disabling the serial port, but didn't try USB 3.0. If you have everything working with the Extreme 4 board, I'll put it back in and test some more next week.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry forgot about this for a while. Everything was working for years and stable but it was unraid 4.7/5 inside ESXi.

I've just pulled the system apart as I'm planning on going back to stock unraid and having another PC run all my VMs. Trying to get ESXi going again and now it's freezing..... not sure what though as it could be a number of things unrelated to yours. I know there was an issue with the USB3.

Josh

• 1 month later...