[SOLVED] Read-Only file system unable to start apps on cache drive

I had a failed drive that I replaced after swapping the parity drive with a larger parity drive doing the swap with the failed drive.

I've run reiserfsck --check against all 3 of my data drives and parity has also checked out ok, parity had a bunch of errors and then rebuilt itself, but when I attempt to run chown -R nobody:users /mnt/cache/apps I still seem to be getting a read-only file system error.

I had a failed drive that I replaced after swapping the parity drive with a larger parity drive doing the swap with the failed drive.

I've run reiserfsck --check against all 3 of my data drives and parity has also checked out ok, parity had a bunch of errors and then rebuilt itself, but when I attempt to run chown -R nobody:users /mnt/cache/apps I still seem to be getting a read-only file system error.

You mentioned running a file system check against your data drives  - did you also run it against the cache drive (that seems to be the one with the problem).

I had read in another thread you were only supposed to run reiserfsck against /dev/mdx rather than /dev/sdx?

My cache shows as /dev/sdb or /dev/sdb1.

Is that not the case?

That is true for the data drives if you do not want to invalidate parity.    However for the cache drive which is not involved in parity you need to use the actual device including the partition number (/dev/sdb1).