Mover is not invoked automatically/cache full/cannot copy more data?

m3ki

So I am moving alot of data to unraid.

My Movies folder is set to Cache YES.

I am copying several TB of data.

My cache drive filled up and my windows prompted me there is not enough space left.

My first thought was that well.... unraid would start writing to HDD directly instead of SSD. is this not the case?

Also mover wasn't invoked automatically.

Does this mean that I cannot copy anything to unraid until I call mover and it completes its work?

So I am moving alot of data to unraid.

My Movies folder is set to Cache YES.

I am copying several TB of data.

My cache drive filled up and my windows prompted me there is not enough space left.

My first thought was that well.... unraid would start writing to HDD directly instead of SSD. is this not the case?

Also mover wasn't invoked automatically.

Does this mean that I cannot copy anything to unraid until I call mover and it completes its work?

For unRAID to start writing to the data disks directly the free space on the cache drives needs to be below the value set for Minimum Free Space when the start of the copying of any particular file starts.  It is recommended that you set this to be larger than the largest single file that you want to copy so that the file currently being copied can always complete.

Move is not invoked simply by the cache drive being full.  It is typically set under Settings->Scheduler to run in the early hours of the morning, but you can change both the time and frequency.    You can also invoke it manually from Main->Array Operation.