GPU passthrough

Tibbar

Hi .

I'm trying existing hardware for possible unraid VM box but for me it only make sense if I can pass GPU.

Model: Custom

M/B: ASUSTeK Computer INC. - M2N32-SLI DELUXE

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 3485

HVM: Enabled

IOMMU: Disabled

Cache: 128 kB, 512 kB

Memory: 2048 MB (max. installable capacity 16 GB)

Network: eth0: 1000Mb/s - Full Duplex

Kernel: Linux 4.1.7-unRAID x86_64

Virtualization in BIOS is enabled. GPU passthrough in VM settings not available.

Another config I've tried was Asus P8P67 Pro + i5 2500k with same results. I've found out that i5 2500k is only VT-x capable.

The question : is GPU passthrough  not available because limitations in hardware or am I missing something?

I'm not sure if your CPU is AMD-V or AMD-Vi capable. For pass through to work, it has to be AMD-Vi. AMD is not as good as Intel when it comes to posting specs on their website.

It doesnt look like there are any options in the bios of the M2N32-SLI board to enable IOMMU (AMD-Vi), so most likely doesn't support AMD-Vi.

On the P8P67 board you are limited by the CPU not supporting vt-d. I don't think the board either supports vt-d from the forums threads popping up searching for it on google. You can check your bios if you find a choice to enable vt-d in the chipset section, if not it most likely doesn't support it.

Archived