Notifications show Authorization Failed

spuddo

Hi,

I have set up notifications but when I select the Test button I get Authorization failed.

I am using unRaid 6.16

Notification settings are:

Preset Yahoo AU/NZ

Sending email address [email protected]

Email recipients  [email protected]

Mail server port 465

Mail server smtp.mail.yahoo.com.au

Use SSL/TLS Yes

Use STARTTLS No

Define a TLS certificate No

Authentication method Login

Username myusername (the yahoo one)

Password mypassword (the Yahoo one)

The only thing I notice is that when I select the Apply button the first time it does not enable the Test button.  I have to select Apply a second time and then the Test button is enabled?

Any ideas are most welcome.

EDIT

I was using Chrome browser and tried Microsoft Edge. It works with Edge??

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. attached are the two most recent attaempts. The first one failed and the second worked (obviously)  As I said in my EDIT, when I set it up using Chrome browser it fails and when I use Microsoft Edge it works??

Dec  9 05:37:20 Tower sSMTP[27501]: Creating SSL connection to host

Dec  9 05:37:20 Tower sSMTP[27501]: SSL connection using ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256

Dec  9 05:37:24 Tower sSMTP[27501]: Authorization failed (535 5.7.0 (#MBR1212) Incorrect username or password.)

Dec  9 05:37:43 Tower php: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/scripts/notify 'smtp-init'

Dec  9 05:38:00 Tower sSMTP[27823]: Creating SSL connection to host

Dec  9 05:38:01 Tower sSMTP[27823]: SSL connection using ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256

Dec  9 05:38:05 Tower sSMTP[27823]: Sent mail for *********@yahoo.com.au (221 Service Closing transmission) uid=0 username=root outbytes=668

thanks for helping.

Archived