Advice on my Budget Skylake Build (300€ PC parts excl. drives)

R3jected

Hello,

I need your advice. I want to build a buget nas for around 300€ in parts without the drives.

It shouldn't consume to much energy, but still have good transfer speeds and be reliable. Additionally I plan to a dvr plugin like tvhe to record television and maybe if this possible do some encoding via handbrake or so.

Here are the parts:

https://www.mindfactory.de/shopping_cart.php/basket_action/load_basket_extern/id/020332221a3596ab85eb4c915a75488a4b790173eeff84e7a15

Intel Pentium G4400 2x 3.30GHz So.1151

8GB G.Skill Value 4 DDR4-2400 DIMM CL15

Gigabyte GA-B150M-HD3 Intel B150 So.1151

Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 gedämmt Mini Tower

360 Watt Seasonic G Serie 360 Non-Modular

+ I plan to add WD RED 3*3TB Raid 5  Array for the drives.

Thanks in advance!

That machine is more than powerful enough for a few Dockers.  I ran 6 Dockers (including Plex which was even transcoding) on an Athlon 5350/AM1 machine with 8GB RAM.

If you want to save a bit more money, consider a DDR3-based S1151 board, I'm pretty sure DDR3 is cheaper than DDR4 still.  Or, there's plenty of life in Haswell, so get a decent B85 board and Haswell Pentium.  I've run UnRAID on a MSI B85M Eco in the past, with a G3430 Pentium and it ran very well, and used less than 20W idle.