We're Hiring! Full Stack Developer ×

Clone and Snapshot of VMs?

Blunk

Hello everyone!

I am a trial user of unRAID. I have installed it to try it and convince myself of moving into unRAID for having storage and some VMs that I need.

Everything is smoothly in the storage solution side, but with VMs I think it lacks of some managment things like Cloning or Snapshot of VMs. Features that VMWare has long time ago. Is there any guide on how to do this things on unRAID, or any upcoming change of UI to implement this options?

I am a trial user of unRAID. I have installed it to try it and convince myself of moving into unRAID for having storage and some VMs that I need.

Everything is smoothly in the storage solution side, but with VMs I think it lacks of some managment things like Cloning or Snapshot of VMs. Features that VMWare has long time ago. Is there any guide on how to do this things on unRAID, or any upcoming change of UI to implement this options?

Support for snapshots has been requested many times and the hint is that it is coming (although no ETA).  Cloning is probably considered less important as it is easy to do this manually.  One must remember that the VM Manager in unRAID is relatively new and the initial focus is on getting VM's to work reliably for inexperienced users in the first place, particularly when doing hardware pass thru.

Archived